EXPLORING THE ENNEAGRAM TO BRING OUT YOUR BEST
WHAT IS THE ENNEAGRAM?
The Enneagram is a powerful, scientifically validated framework that highlights varying ways individuals think, act, feel and respond to situations. It’s the most powerful and practical system available for increasing emotional intelligence, with insights that can be used for personal development. It answers questions like ‘Who am I really?’, ‘What motivates me? How is that different to other people?’
WHERE DOES IT COME FROM?
The word enneagram comes from two Greek words ennea (“nine”) and gram (“something written or drawn”) and refers to the nine points on the Enneagram symbol. The nine different Enneagram styles, identified as numbers One through Nine, reflect distinct habits of thinking, feeling, and behaving, with each style connected to key strengths and a unique path of development.
The Enneagram makes the connection between who we are and why we do what we do, creating a clear, tangible link between growing our self-awareness and increasing our ability to achieve our goals.
Benefits of the Enneagram:
- Making groups and teams more aware and appreciative of each other’s tendencies, thereby building cohesion and collaboration
- Increasing consciousness and confidence
- Increasing compassion for self and others
- Helping individuals understand themselves, their core motivations, and their tendencies, especially under stress
- Increasing productivity and motivation
- Helping equip individuals with better skills for responding to each other
- Providing tools and pathways to use when under stress
- Increasing one’s ability to take responsibility for the consequences of their actions
- Showing the low side and high side of where they tend to go in stress, giving them visible options on which behaviour path to take
PROCESS OF DISCOVERY
The process of typing is determined through:
- Online questionnaires using the reporting technology of South African based Integrative9’s IEQ9 reports for Individuals.
- Individual or group debriefs by an accredited Enneagram Coach, helping to make sense of the feedback report.
- Optional individual or group coaching for those who would like to explore more about how they can grow their self-awareness and self-acceptance and apply relevant tools and techniques in taking responsibility for themselves in different situations.
READY TO TRY THE ENNEAGRAM?
The Enneagram is a fun, creative way to allow individuals to explore their own personalities while getting to know others.